PLACE OF BIRTH
Born in Seoul, South Korea
- Soo In Jin Ballett Dance Academy, Seoul, South Korea
- Broadway Dance Center, Alivin Aley Dance Academy, New York, USA
- University of Music and Theatre “Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy”, Leipzig, Graduate Dance Teacher
- Pilates Mat Work Training, London, England
- Dancer in the SSAMZIE ART COMPANY, Seoul, South Korea
- Dancer in various musicals/modern dance and jazz dance productions. Musical repertoire includes Cats, Grease, West Side Story etc.
- Freelance dancer in South Korea, the USA and Germany
- Teaching for the Tanzverband Thuringia (Dance Association, Thuringa)
- Teaching at the University of Music and Theatre “Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy”, Leipzig
- Ewha University "Summer Dance Academy", Seoul, South Korea
- Artistic staff member for Jazz Dance, Jazz Dance Methodology and Body Awareness Methodology at the Palucca University of Dance Dresden
- Guest lecturer at the Fonty Dance Festival, Tilburg, Netherlands
- DAAD exchange lecturer, Stockholm, Sweden (University Dance and Circus DOCH)
- Dance Programme in Germany with children’s TV channel KIKA
ABOUT MY WORK
I base my training on the technical principles of Lester Horton (techniques of jazz dance/American jazz dance. The Horton technique is the basic technique for the musical repertoire. It includes the main step elements and supports the character of jazz dance: stability in the centre, dynamic interplay: every type of locomotion is the result of coordination exercises in space and on the surface.
Different dance movements are provoked and built on; the efficiency of body tension, body control and the individual scale of movement fostered and expanded.
Jazz dance methodology is linked with practical classes in the Horton Jazz Dance Technique. My training comprises three elements: isolation; stability exercises in space, balance, strengthening and stretching the muscles; and combinations with jumps as the high point of the training.