PLACE OF BIRTH
Born in Toulouse, France
- Académie Raymond Franchetti, Paris, France
- Centre Chorégraphique de Toulouse, France
- Jose Limon Institute, NY
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Center, NY
- Trisha Brown Dance Studio, NY
- Merce Cunningham Studio, NY
- MA Dance Education at Lyon Conservatoire National Supérieur Musique et Danse, Lyon, France
- Two-time winner of the Choreography Award of the Ministry of Culture, France
- Dancer in several companies around the world, including Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane, Elisa Monte, Kevin Wynn, Blondell Cummings, Eleo Pomare, Donald Byrd, Ballet Hispanico, Anne-Marie Porras and New York Broadway theatres; dance film productions: “Climax” und “Images Noires” with director Stephane Marti
- Many "Short Dance" evenings with his dance company CcanDance in New York, France and Berlin
- Collaboration with composers such as Lester Bowie, Eric Delbouys, Olu Dara, Fred Hersch, Johannes Walter and Don Pullen
- Professor for Modern and Contemporary Dance, Palucca University of Dance Dresden
ABOUT MY WORK
My work is a synthesis of years of experience in professional dance and various choreographic techniques.
Based on the foundations of contemporary dance, I focus on learning movements which question themselves: a precision, a power and force which continually reinvent them, combined with rhythm and musicality. Being in a state of “out of balance” and precise legwork require a certain stability and a very flexible back.
Just as important as the movement itself, is the feeling and the courage to take risks; that is, the interplay of construction and deconstruction on the way to developing autonomy and choreographic inspiration. These are the tools required to gain access to an experimental process; they lead the dance students to a passionate, enthusiastic and agile style of interpretation and enable them to find their own voice.