PLACE OF BIRTH
Born in Penig, Saxony
- 1975-1981 Studies at the University of Music “Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy”, Leipzig
- University teacher at the Hochschule für Theatre “Hans Otto”, Leipzig
- Senior assistant at the Theatrehochschule “Hans Otto”, Leipzig
- Lecturer for musical training and correpetition/coaching at the University of Music and Theatre “Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy”, Leipzig
- Artistic assistant at the University of Music and Theatre “Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy”, Leipzig
- Artistic staff member at the Palucca University of Dance Dresden
- Since 2016, Head Coordinator of the Répétiteur
ABOUT MY WORK
I teach the students the principles of music. Musical elements such as rhythm, metrics, melody and harmony are related to dance processes.
The students’ sense of hearing is sensitised by listening to a wide range of acoustic samples; rhythmic characteristics of dances in the international dance repertoire are emphasised. Orff instruments are used to train rhythmic skills, simple melodic structures and aural skills.
I also aim to deepen the students’ knowledge and skills in musical theory and practice, and communication skills.