Admission to the work-study MA Dance Teacher Programme is a two-step online process, starting with a pre-selection in written form. Following successful completion of the pre-selection, candidates invited to the practical audition are required to submit a written concept and video of them teaching a 30-minute class. This must be submitted one week prior to the audition in the subject of their chosen focus and specialisation. The audition enables them to demonstrate their aptitude through teaching the class and having an interview with the Board of Admissions.
Enrolment in the MA Dance Teacher Programme takes place annually at the beginning of each winter semester.
* Evidence of higher education or technical college in accordance with § 17 Abs. 11 SächsHSFG when especially high levels of artistic achievement can be provided.
- Admission to the MA Dance Teacher Programme for non-native English speaking applicants is conditional upon proof of a minimum of level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- If the proof of the English language skills is not provided by the date of enrollment, the enrollment is only conditional (in accordance with § 17 Abs. 11 SächsHSFG ). The C1 level of English then has to be proven by the end of the second semester, otherwise the enrollment will be deemed invalid. Further information and institutions that offer the C1 certificate can be found here.
Please upload all documents and video links exclusively to the Palucca University of Dance Dresden application portal!
Attention, the portal will be activated on 01 January 2022. It will be closed on 31 March 2022.
Before the applicant’s self-registration in the application portal, the following documents must exist digitally so that they can then be uploaded in the application portal.
- A tabular resume (CV) with precise information regarding your previous school education and previous work expericence (as a PDF file)
- A motivation letter according to No. 1 b) admission regulation
- Certified copy or official transcripts of the highest level of education achieved (foreign degrees have to be handed in with a certified translation into German or English at the latest at enrolment) and any professional practice
- If applicable certified copy of previous study periods (undergraduate and/or graduate studys) as well as study results and/or exam results
- Proof of having paid the application fee of 30.00 EUR (copy of bank receipt)
- Proof of knowledge of the English language Level C1
- Other evidence of examination or qualification in the fields of art and pedagogy in accordance with § 2 para. 1
- By entering personal data, an individual application is generated, which must be submitted electronically via the portal within the application period
- Certified copies must be submitted at the latest when you enroll
There is a yearly intake for the MA Dance Teacher Programme in the winter semester. More information will be published from January each year.
The admission procedure for the MA Dance Teacher Programme (work-study) is carried out as an online application with a written teaching concept (upload as PDF file) and a 30-minute practical exercise (submission as a video link please). Additionally, there will be a video interview.
The dates for entrance examinations for the MA Dance Teacher Programme (work-study) will be coordinated directly with the candidates in between the period of January and the end of April each year.
To apply, the following documents have to be submitted via the University's online application portal:
- Completed and signed application form
- Tabular CV with precise information about previous school education and previous work experience (please find a sample CV in the section “Application Form”)
- A motivation letter according to No. 1 b) of the Admission Regulations
- A certified copy or official transcripts of the highest level of education achieved (foreign degrees have to be handed in with a certified translation into German or English at the latest at enrolment)
- If applicable, a certified copy of previous study periods (undergraduate and/or graduate studys) as well as of study and/or exam results
- Proof of knowledge of the English language at Level C1**
- Proofof examinations or qualifications in the fields of art and pedagogy in accordance with § 2 para. 1
- Proof of payment of application fee (copy of bank receipt)
The required documents must be submitted to the Palucca University of Dance Dresden in due time via the application portal.
Please submit all documents exclusively via the application portal.
The online application via the application portal automatically generates an application for admission, which must be sent by the applicant as a signed scan by e-mail to the Office of Student Affairs.
Only after the applicant has been enrolled, all certificates need to be presented either in the original or as certified copies.
To apply, a fee of 30.00 EUR* has to be paid. The fee is due with sending the application documents and will not be refunded.
Please transfer the amount to the following account:
Recipient: Hauptkasse Sachsen
Address of Recipient: Stauffenbergallee 2, 01099 Dresden
IBAN: DE 06 8600 0000 0086 0015 19
BIC: MARK DEF1 860
Bank: Deutsche Bundesbank
Reference: 7040.00602-1, Family name, first name of the applicant, MA Dance Teacher
*Subject to change without notification
The semester fee for the work-study MA Dance Teacher Programme* is 841.50 EUR.
* according to the regulations for further education or postgraduate, supplementary or postgraduate studies (§ 12 (4) SächsHSFG)