Prerequisites for admission to the work-study MA Choreography programme are:
- A general or subject-specific university entrance qualification according to Sec. 17 (2) SächsHSFG
- As a rule, several years of dance practice
- A commenced career as a professional choreographer or the preparation and successful presentation of several choreographies
In cases of exceptional artistic aptitude/suitability, proof of a university or subject-specific university entrance qualification can be dispensed with in accordance with Section 17 (7) SächsHSFG.
Classes are taught in English. A C1 certificate must be submitted by the end of the second semester. You can find further information and institutions which offer the C1 certificate here.
An Internet-based learning programme helps the students plan their time flexibly and allows them to coordinate their studies with their personal needs.
An online application procedure with pre-selection and audition is a prerequisite for enrolment. Simultaneous enrolment to multiple universities for the same course of study is not permitted.
The purpose of the admissions procedure is to determine the particular artistic talents including the respective career-relevant aptitude and skills. Procedures for admission comprise a written application and, following this, an audition. Those who have fulfilled the prerequisites for study and show a significant artistic aptitude take part in the audition.
Enrolment in the MA Choreography Programme is possible every two years, always in the winter semester of even-numbered years (next time in WS 2022/23).
You can enrol in the MA Choreography Programme every two years, always during the winter semester of even years (next time in winter semester 2022/23). More information on the next application period and the dates of the entrance examinations will follow shortly.
- Certified copies or transcripts of certificates regarding university or subject-specific university entrance qualification and professional practice (international certificates as certified translations)
- Motivation letter in the English language, including presentation of the artistic and cultural interests in and motivational reasons for this study programme
- The concept, written in English, of the applicant’s own choreography which will be presented at the audition
- Portfolio, in the English language, containing the works up to date in the area of performing arts in the form of video-links (Portals: Vimeo, Dailymotion, YouTube; maximum of10 Links; max. of 60 minutes total length) and an overview of the applicant’s own choreographic work
- Two references
- A tabular resume (CV) with precise information regarding your previous education as well as previous artistic experience
- or, if appropriate, evidence concerning your study periods to date as well as results of your studies or tests and a certificate of non-objection from the examination office
- Proof of knowledge of the English language according to Admissions Regulations MA Choreography Section 2 (1)
- For English language native speakers, the submission of proof does not apply.
Admissions procedures must be completed prior to registration. Simultaneous admission to multiple universities for the same course of study is not permitted.
An application fee of 30.00 EUR* is charged for each application. The application fee is due at the time of submission of the application documents and will be not refunded. A copy of the receipt showing payment (e. g., copy of a transfer voucher) is to be included with the application documents.
Please transfer the amount to the following account:
Recipient: Hauptkasse Sachsen
Address of Recipient: Stauffenbergallee 2, 01099 Dresden
IBAN: DE 06 8600 0000 0086 0015 19
BIC: MARK DEF1 860
Bank: Deutsche Bundesbank
Reference: 7040.00602-1, Family name, first name of the applicant, MA Choreography
*Subject to change without notification
A semester tuition in the amount of 498.10EUR must be paid as of the semester in which the student turns 21 years of age. For other age groups, the semester tuition is 455.10 EUR.