The 7th to 10th school years are referred to as our Young Talents Programme. The students in the Young Talents Programme are members of the Palucca University of Dance Dresden and at the same time students at the integrated Secondary School. The Programme is carried out as a part-time study programme parallel to the secondary school education. It is the preparation for admission into the BA Dance Programme. Students from the Orientation Classes are accepted in the Young Talents Programme starting in the 7th year. External applicants have the possibility of admissions after passing the aptitude test and a successful audition.
|Ballet incl. On Pointe/Jumps||11||11||11||11|
|Folk Dance/Character Dance||1||-||-||-|
|Pas de Deux/Partnering||-||-||-||2|
- Rich fantasy in movement, joy in dancing, talent for acting
- Above-average flexibility and an athletic physical build
- Pronounced musicality
- Previous experience in dance corresponding to the demanded level for the respective class
- International applicants: good command of the German language (evidenced by a language certificate)
These prerequisites will be assessed during admissions procedures (aptitude test and audition).
The application deadline for the personal participation in the apitude test: 17 December 2021
The application deadline for video-link applications: 31 March 2022
For this, the completed application form together with the required documents, proof of having paid the application fee, and the respective video link must be sent to Office of Student Affairs before the application deadline.
When sending the video link, please observe the following:
- The link must show the applicant’s skills in ballet, contemporary/modern dance and, for applicants in the 8th school year or higher, improvisation as well.
- The assessment standard is the dancing performance level in the corresponding Young Talents Classes.
- The video should not be longer than a total of 20 minutes.
- Video applications can only be considered as aptitude tests. After a successful aptitude test, an audition is held as a rule during a trial week.
The application for admission requires a written application (for admission). This must have been received by postal mail or email in the Office of Student Affairs by the application deadline as set for the respective study year. The application must include:
- Tabular resume (CV) with photo (see sample under the section “Forms”)
- Copy of the most recent general education school certificate or information regarding the last half-year
- Proof of payment of the application fee
- At the latest by enrolment:
- Submission of a doctor’s certificate confirming the particular endurance in regard to a dance study programme*
- Proof of German language skills by means of a language certificate, at least level A2*
The following requirements must be observed:
- Email applications are to be compiled in a PDF-summary file and should not exceed a file size of 3 MB.
- Applicants who apply over the postal mail system, please refrain from using an application portfolio.
- Please do not send any original documents.
- Submitted documents cannot be returned.
Pursuant to Sec. 19 (2) of the law regulating the autonomy of the universities in the Free State of Saxony (SächsHSFG), admission to the Young Talents Classes requires that the applicants have special artistic talents, which are assessed during the admissions procedures.
* Foreign applicants need to submit a certified English or German translation of their CV, certificates and medical certificate
An application fee of 30.00 EUR* is charged for each application. The application fee is due at the time of submission of the application documentation and will be not refunded. A copy of the receipt showing payment (e. g., copy of a transfer voucher) is to be included with the application documentation.
Please transfer the amount to the following account:
Recipient: Hauptkasse Sachsen
Address of Recipient: Stauffenbergallee 2, 01099 Dresden
IBAN: DE 06 8600 0000 0086 0015 19
BIC: MARK DEF1 860
Bank: Deutsche Bundesbank
Reference: 7040.00602-1, Family name, first name of the applicant, N-Class
*Subject to change without notification
Semester tuition in the amount of 223.70 EUR is to be paid.
For the first degree study in the Young Talents Programme, there is no tuition fee.
For enrolments or re-matriculation after the enrolment or re-matriculation deadline, a fee of 25.00 EUR will be charged (Sections 3 (1) and 5 (1) of the Fees and Compensation Regulations at the Palucca University of Dance Dresden).
Semester starts on:
- 01 August 2021
"Back in Shape" (voluntary):
- 30 August - 04 September 2021
- 06 September 2021
School starts on:
- 06 September 2021
- 17 - 31 October 2021
- 18 December 2021 - 02 January 2022 (subject to the performances of "Nutcracker" and "Hansel and Gretel")
- 12 - 27 February 2022
School ends on:
- 28 February 2022
Semester ends on:
- 28 February 2022