Students are introduced to dance as a holistic process. In lectures, seminars, practical training, artistic projects and excursions, the students expand their dancing capabilities and acquire theoretical and practical knowledge about dance and art, dance and architecture, and also dance and film. This includes historical, perceptive, analytical, medical, organisational and medial aspects.
Students are instructed by international guest teachers and choreographers. The training places particular emphasis on a close relationship with artistic practice. Students therefore are given many opportunities, even during their studies, to appear before an audience.
- Physical aptitude
- Fantasy of movement and ability to express oneself through dance
- Dance background in the subjects of ballet, contemporary dance and improvisation at the level required for the bachelor programme
- Admissions to the BA Dance Programme, according to Sec. 17 (1) (2) (11) SächsHSFG, requires that the applicant has earned a school-leaving certificate from a secondary or senior secondary school or has an entrance qualification recognised to be equivalent to such and a particular artistic aptitude.
- Knowledge of the English language (at least at reference level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR))
An admissions procedure comprising an aptitude test and an audition precedes enrolment.
The admissions procedures have been adapted appropriately to the COVID-19 situation and are conducted with online applications with video links. After self-registration, application is made by means of entering your personal data in the University’s application portal. The entry of this data creates an individual application form which must be electrically submitted over the portal within the application period. Furthermore, the required documents (in PDF format) and photos (in JPG format) are to be uploaded in the portal. The video links in accordance with the IAP (International Audition Pre-Selection) Guidelines must be provided over the application portal.
The aptitude test is the first selection of applicants made by the University. The focus is especially directed on anatomical-physical requirements, coordination skills, and the level of the previous dance training. The Admissions Board decides as to whether aptitude for the BA Dance study programme is present. The applicant will be informed of this decision by email.
There will be an audition based on the submitted video links, which are complimented with an online interview, onlyafter a successful aptitude test. Specific requirements for the study programme (such as artistic aptitude and language skills) will be re-examined. A successfully passed audition is the prerequisite for admission to the study programme. The results of the audition (after the ranking procedure) will also be communicated per email.
The applicant will be informed of the admissions examination results in written form no later than six weeks after the admissions examination - in the case of a rejection, with justifications and information concerning rights to appeal.
The following documents are to be submitted by the enrolment date at the latest:
- Language certificate proving an English level B1
- Submission of a doctor’s certificate certifying the particular endurance in regard to admission to a dance study programme as preparation for a professional career
- Certified copy of the most recent general educational school-leaving certificate
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of payment of the semester tuition
Video-link applications for the BA Dance Programme can be submitted from 30 November 2020 to 31 March 2021.
The application portal has now been closed!
Please upload all documents and video links exclusively to the Palucca University application portal!
Attention, the portal will be activated on 30 November 2020. It will be closed on 31 March 2021.
Before the applicant’s self-registration in the portal, the following documents must exist digitally so that they can then be uploaded in the portal.
- A tabular resume (CV) with precise information regarding your previous education (in PDF format)
- One passport photo (JPG format)
- Two to three dance photos (JPG format)
- Proof of having paid the application fee of 30.00 EUR (receipt in PDF format)
- If appropriate, evidence concerning your study periods to date as well as results of your studies or tests (in PDF format)
Please take the following into consideration when providing video links over the portal:
- The application videos should present skills in modern/contemporary dance, ballet and in improvisation. Please follow the IAP Guidelines. Examples can be found among others at the University’s YouTube Channel. Please submit five individual video links over the portal:
- Classic variation (females in pointe shoes)
- Modern/contemporary étude
- Work on the bar, three to five minutes (females in pointe shoes)
- Work in the middle, three to five minutes (females in pointe shoes)
- Improvisation (theme, place, music can be freely selected)
An application fee of 30.00 EUR* is charged for each application. The application fee is due at the time of submission of the application documentation and will be not refunded. Proof of payment is to be submitted via the portal with the application documents.
Please transfer the amount to the following account:
Recipient: Hauptkasse Sachsen
Address of Recipient: Stauffenbergallee 2, 01099 Dresden
IBAN: DE 06 8600 0000 0086 0015 19
BIC: MARK DEF1 860
Bank: Deutsche Bundesbank
Reference: 7040.00602-1, Family name, first name of the applicant, BA Dance
*Subject to change without notification
A semester tuition in the amount of 275.10 EUR must be paid as of the semester in which the student turns 21 years of age. All other students in the BA Dance Programme pay a semester tuition fee of 230.10 EUR.