The Palucca University of Dance Dresden annually awards a total of three scholarships to talented students who either exhibit potential for excellence in their studies or career or who have already shown outstanding achievement. The scholarships are awarded subject to the availability of private and public scholarship funds.
The scholarship is awarded by the University upon application by the candidate after the selection process has been completed. The selection of candidates is made by the Rectorate based upon the selection criteria below:
- Academic performance to date
- A consistent and committed attitude toward studies
- Potential for development
- Personality, creativity, and originality
- Extraordinary successes, awards, and prizes
- Study-subject-related activities outside the courses attended
- Extra-curricular activities or activities outside of study-subject such as volunteer work, or involvement in the community, social, university or political engagement
- Social engagement within the University
- Particular personal or family situations such as illnesses and disabilities, caring for one’s own children, in particular as a single parent, close relatives needing care, working in the family business, working while studying, family or migrant background
- Professional potential
- Financial need
- Applicant’s integrity
Scope of Funding
The scholarship amounts to 300 EUR monthly.