The Palucca University of Dance Dresden offers dance courses for adults from the age of 16 upwards (pupils, students, trainees, and those in employment). These dance courses are taught by current students and former graduates of our MA Dance Teacher Programme. On the following pages you can find more information regarding the contents of the respective dance courses and about the general conditions that must be fulfilled in order to participate in these courses.
The campus and the university are officially closed to all external visitors. The PUCK children’s dance courses and the evening dance courses for adults at the university have been canceled until the end of the summer semester 2020.
|KLT A1-Advanced||Monday (fully booked!)|
|ZT/MT A1||Tuesday (fully booked!)|
Please register via email to Young Mi Lee, Dance Teacher at tanzkurs(at)palucca.eu. Acknowledgment of and agreement to our General Conditions is a prerequisite for your binding registration. In your registration email, please state the course designation, the participant’s name and a “Yes” to show that you agree to the general conditions. After receiving a confirmation of registration (should this not arrive, please check your spam folder), please transfer the semester fee in the amount of 50.00 Euros to the account indicated below.
Please transfer the semester fee in the amount of 50.00 Euros per course to the Palucca University of Dance Dresden
IBAN: DE09 8505 0300 3155 8250 05
Reference: "7040/00600-3 Dance Code + Name"
Please bring a receipt showing payment to the first class (this is to facilitate administration in case payments arrive late).
- Registration for the dance courses are to be sent to Young Mi Lee at tanzkurs(at)palucca.eu
- All courses begin at 7:00 p.m. and end at 8:30 p.m.
- All courses take place in the Palucca University dance studios at Basteiplatz 4, 01277 Dresden.
- Please bring a receipt of payment or remittance voucher as proof of payment to the first class.
- Only registered participants will have access to the dance studio. Please do not bring anyone with you. They will not be allowed to stay.
- In the event that, although registered, you cannot participate in the course, a refund of the course fee is possible only if a doctor’s certificate is provided. The refund will be issued at the end of the respective semester.
- Please understand that we cannot offer any trial lessons.
- Please give us your permission to save and use your email address solely for the purpose of sending you information related to the course. This pertains to information about the individual dance studios (where is the dance course given?), short notice changes in planning or cancellations. Additionally, you can also find this information on the info-board for “Dance Courses” in the Palucca University foyer (the passage between the old building and the cafeteria/new building).
- Palucca University of Dance Dresden assumes no liability for injuries, stolen objects, or valuables.
- There are no dance courses on holidays, during Saxony school breaks or when rehearsals are necessary for special projects (these lessons will not be rescheduled).
- Guests are welcome to sit in on classes. We ask you to please register your visit with Young Mi Lee in a timely manner at tanzkurs(at)palucca.eu
- There is the possibility that participation in the course is subsidised by your health insurance company (bonus programme). For this, an attendance rate of 80% must be confirmed to the health insurance company. To arrange for a confirmation letter for the health insurance company, the participants are welcome to contact Young Mi Lee via email.
- You have agreed that the communication with the respective instructors is via email, i. e. using your email address.
- The courses are taught in German and English.
- In the event that you are in agreement with our General Conditions, please write “Yes, I accept the General Conditions of the Palucca University of Dance Dresden” in your registration form/email.
- Choose tight-fitting clothing in which you can move easily.
- Pin your hair back.
- Please refrain from wearing large pieces of jewelry in class.
- Please wear approved dance shoes (e. g., ballet slippers with leather soles) or socks.
The basic elements of ballet, which will be explored more in-depth with time, are taught in this class. Our emphasis is on the coordination between arms, legs and head.
- KLT A1-Advanced* = Course for beginners with previous knowledge (at least one year of dance training on a regular basis)
- KLT AV1-2* = Course for beginners with previous knowledge (at least two years of dance training on a regular basis)
- KLT F 1-2* = Course for intermediates (five years or more of dance training on a regular basis)
* Levels 1-2 do not indicate a difference in ability; “F2” does not require any more previous knowledge than “F1”. For the lessons, you should wear tight-fitting clothing in which you can move easily and ballet slippers with leather soles. For the lessons, please pin your hair back and refrain from wearing large pieces of jewelry.
In these lessons, the fundamental elements of modern and contemporary dance are taught. Training and better knowledge of one’s own body is the aim of this approach. For the lessons, you may train in socks or go barefoot. Please refrain from wearing large pieces of jewelry.
- ZT /MT A1-2* = Course for beginners with previous knowledge (at least half a year of dance training on a regular basis)
- ZT/MT AV1-2* = Course for beginners with previous knowledge (at least two years of dance training on a regular basis)
- ZT/MT F= Course for intermediates (five years or more of dance training on a regular basis)
* Levels 1-2 do not indicate a difference in ability; “A2” does not require any more previous knowledge than “A1”.
All adult dance courses are held at Palucca University of Dance Dresden You can find us at the following address:
Information pertaining to the assigned dance studio or changes at short notice can be found under “Dance Courses” on the information board in the Palucca University (the passageway in the old building between the university offices and the cafeteria).