The Palucca University of Dance Dresden offers dance courses for adults from the age of 16 upwards (pupils, students, trainees, and those in employment). These dance courses are taught by current students and former graduates of our MA Dance Teacher Programme. On the following pages you can find more information regarding the contents of the respective dance courses and about the general conditions that must be fulfilled in order to participate in these courses.
This year, the dance class KLT AV1 will take place in the period from 28 April 2021 to 14 July 2021.
We take email registrations from 12 April 2021: tanzzkurs(at)palucca.eu.
The campus and the University are officially closed to all external visitors. The PUCK children’s dance courses and the evening dance courses for adults at the university have been canceled until the end of the summer semester 2020.
The evening dance courses for adults will be held online this year.
Please register via email to Young Mi Lee, Dance Teacher at tanzkurs(at)palucca.eu. Acknowledgment of and agreement to our General Conditions and Data Protection is a prerequisite for your binding registration. In your registration email, please state the course designation, the participant’s name and a “Yes” to show that you agree to the general conditions and Data Protection. After receiving a confirmation of registration (should this not arrive, please check your spam folder), please transfer the semester fee in the amount of 50.00 Euros to the account indicated below.
Please transfer the semester fee in the amount of 50.00 Euros per course to the Palucca University of Dance Dresden
IBAN: DE09 8505 0300 3155 8250 05
Reference: "7040/00600-3 Dance Code + Name + Online"
Please bring a receipt showing payment to the first class (this is to facilitate administration in case payments arrive late).
- Registration for the dance courses are to be sent to Young Mi Lee at tanzkurs(at)palucca.eu
- All courses begin at 7:00 p.m. and end at 8:30 p.m. (MET)
- Only registered participants will have access to the online dance studio (Data Protection).
- In the event that, although registered, you cannot participate in the course, a refund of the course fee is possible only if a doctor’s certificate is provided. The refund will be issued at the end of the respective semester.
- Please understand that we cannot offer any trial lessons.
- Please give us your permission to save and use your email address solely for the purpose of sending you information related to the course.
- There are no dance courses on public holidays, during Saxon school breaks or when rehearsals are necessary for special projects (these lessons will not be rescheduled).
- The courses are taught in English.
- In the event that you are in agreement with our General Conditions and Data Protection Statement, please write “Yes, I accept the General Conditions and Data Protection of the Palucca University of Dance Dresden” in your registration form/email.
- Choose tight-fitting clothing in which you can move easily.
- Pin your hair back.
- Please refrain from wearing large pieces of jewelry in class.
- Please wear approved dance shoes (e. g., ballet slippers with leather soles) or socks.
The basic elements of ballet, which will be explored more in-depth with time, are taught in this class. Our emphasis is on the coordination between arms, legs and head.
- KLT AV1-2* = Course for beginners with previous knowledge (at least two years of dance training on a regular basis)
In these lessons, the fundamental elements of modern and contemporary dance are taught. Training and better knowledge of one’s own body is the aim of this approach. For the lessons, you may train in socks or go barefoot. Please refrain from wearing large pieces of jewelry.
- ZT /MT A1-2* = Course for beginners with previous knowledge (at least half a year of dance training on a regular basis)
- ZT/MT AV1-2* = Course for beginners with previous knowledge (at least two years of dance training on a regular basis)
- ZT/MT F= Course for intermediates (five years or more of dance training on a regular basis)
* Levels 1-2 do not indicate a difference in ability; “A2” does not require any more previous knowledge than “A1”.