- General or subject-related higher education entrance qualification or technical college entrance qualification according to § 17 paragraph 2 SächsHSFG*
- educational aptitude
There is an annual admission procedure for the part-time MA Dance Teacher program in the fall semester. More information will be published from January each year.
The admission procedure for the MA Dance Teacher program is an online application with a written teaching concept (upload as a PDF file) and a 30-minute practical exercise (please submit as a video link). There will also be a video interview.
The dates for the entrance exams for the part-time MA Dance Teacher course are coordinated directly with the candidates between January and the end of April of each year.
The admissions process for the MA Dance Teacher programme (part-time) consists of a pre-selection and an entrance exam. The pre-selection includes checking the submitted application documents for completeness and fulfillment of the admission requirements. Applicants admitted to the entrance examination submit a concept for a practical exercise lasting a maximum of 30 minutes, depending on their choice of specialization and focus, no later than one week before the examination. The entrance exam consists of the presentation of the concept, the implementation of the practical exercises described in the concept and an interview. Passing the entrance exam is a prerequisite for admission to the course.
Enrollment in the part-time MA Dance Teacher programme takes place annually in the winter semester, next time in winter semester 2023/24.
* In the case of particular artistic aptitude, according to § 17 Para. 11 SächsHSFG, proof of university or technical college entrance qualification can be waived (sending a video recording of a dance variation/etude).
- Admission to the MA Dance Teacher Programme for non-native English speaking applicants is conditional upon proof of a minimum of level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- If the proof of the English language skills is not provided by the date of enrollment, the enrollment is only conditional (in accordance with § 17 Abs. 11 SächsHSFG ). The C1 level of English then has to be proven by the end of the second semester, otherwise the enrollment will be deemed invalid. Further information and institutions that offer the C1 certificate can be found here.
Please upload all documents and video links exclusively to the Palucca University of Dance Dresden application portal!
Attention, the portal will be activated on 01 January 2023. It will be closed on 31 March 2023.
Before the applicant’s self-registration in the application portal, the following documents must exist digitally so that they can then be uploaded in the application portal.
- A tabular resume (CV) with precise information regarding your previous school education and previous work expericence (as a PDF file)
- A motivation letter according to No. 1 b) admission regulation
- Certified copy or official transcripts of the highest level of education achieved (foreign degrees have to be handed in with a certified translation into German or English at the latest at enrolment) and any professional practice
- If applicable certified copy of previous study periods (undergraduate and/or graduate studys) as well as study results and/or exam results
- Proof of having paid the application fee of 30.00 EUR (copy of bank receipt)
- Proof of knowledge of the English language Level C1
- Other evidence of examination or qualification in the fields of art and pedagogy in accordance with § 2 para. 1
The documents can be submitted in either the German or English language. In the event that original documents are in a language other than German or English, these must be submitted together with a certified translation in either English or German.
Enrollment is preceded by an admissions procedure. Simultaneous enrollment for the same course at several art colleges is not permitted.
The required documents and proof of payment of the application fee must be submitted to the Palucca Hochschule für Tanz Dresden in due time via the application portal.
Please submit all documents exclusively via the application portal.
Only after the applicant has enrolled the evidence (e.g. certificates) must be submitted to the student office either in the original or as certified copies.
The semester fee for the work-study MA Dance Teacher Programme* is 841.50 EUR.
* according to the regulations for further education or postgraduate, supplementary or postgraduate studies (§ 12 (4) SächsHSFG)